Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Secret Pains

Heck it is so much I don't know where to start, I am a black female 41 years old. I have pressure headaches mostly on the right side, ringing in my ear a couple of years ago i had complete numbness in one of my arms and hand it lasted for about 2 minutes i was better so i never got it checked. now I have tinlging on the right side along with pain ocassionally, heck i even have some chest pains, mainly on a daily its neck and upper right shoulder pains. I really don't like going to the doctor if i can feel better in about an hour I'm ok, I'm concerned because some of the symptoms are becoming more frequent. I try to stay happy because a happy soul is a healthy body, and only if I must will I go to a DR.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yep, you are so right about the nerve damage.  I had many of those symtoms and final diagnosis was herniated disc, C5-C-6, had bone fusion and plating.  Fixed all the symtoms and problems, I was never so glad to wake up and not have a serious headache for the first time in 5 years. Started out slipping and ended up herniated.

My advise would be for ionis to see a doctor and let them figure it out.  When mine got to the point of numbing in arms, hands and face with terrible, just terrible headaches it was already herniated.

Good Luck
Cajun
Helpful - 0
Tingling in extremeties and pain in chest and shoulders could also be nerve related neck problems.

Only going to a dr can your questions start to be answered,
Helpful - 0
I'm not a Dr. or in the medical field but from what I understand, any pain and/or tingling in the extremities, etc. and the things you describe suggest you may be having a heart problem...I pray thats not the case, but I believe you should treat it as an emergency and see a DR RIGHT AWAY!!!  
Good luck to you.     -Mequila        
Helpful - 0
you don't mention if you have a diagnosis of hep c. or something related that brings you to this site.

if you have not been tested for hep c. you should.  these are symptoms i was having prior to my dx. however what you could be experiencing could be caused by many things, neurological exam my help, rhematoid arthrits (RA),  my basic liver enzymes were never elevated, i was told i had RA, then i didn't, they didn't understand the symptoms, eventually they said fibromyalgia, i didn't buy it. kept trying to find.  found hep c when tried to join a medication trial for arthritis, deep liver panel done due to experimental drug. they told me.  if doc's aren't testing for hep c.  and you think even remotely it may be it, ease your mind and get tested.

my mystery illness are now gone, i feel much better than i have in 5 years. thought still have some more recovery to overcome.

good luck
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community

Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.