Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

QUALIFICATIONS FOR SSDI

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF GETTING SSDI IF A PERSON SUFFER FROM CLINICAL DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, AND PANIC DISORDER..AND NOT ABLE TO WORK OVER 50YRS?
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
92903 tn?1309904711
Thanks. You make me smile.

We go back long way don't we? You've long been one of my favorite posters - your spirit is infectious - if you'll pardon the pun. I'm thrilled for your SVR -- you really paid your dues. Be well my friend.
Helpful - 0
179856 tn?1333547362
Foresee---  Getting better all the time :)  Just was slammed by a regular old virus (man do our immune systems get whacked out when we first finish detoxing off these meds huh?)...but the sides are less and less and sometimes, I don't even remember I had them!  YAY!

Goof - I love you, you know that right?
Helpful - 0
92903 tn?1309904711
"I know several people who've gotten it, and it wasn't that bad, not great either..."

Wow. That sounds familiar....
Helpful - 0
179856 tn?1333547362
Document document document - it would be a very lengthy lengthy procedure and you have to have gazillions of paperwork results and doctors.

I had a broken back and a traumatic brain injury and getting disability took me over a year. Even though I was doctoring on a daily basis (well five times a week) and seeing a psychologist too.

Shockingly it was the brain doc who got it for me...not that fact that I had fractured my spine.  

Got to love our government - don't try to get the money youve EARNED and paid into the system...they are too busy giving it to people just got here. I know that sounds bad but...it's just true.
Helpful - 0
86075 tn?1238115091
oh yeah, forgot to say that I hope your sides are getting less and less...you din't have a whole lot of post tx sides from what I can remember, that's great!
Helpful - 0
86075 tn?1238115091
I know several people who've gotten it, and it wasn't that bad, not great either...but they kept all their forms together, all doctor's letters, questionarres, etc...and just a good lawyer handle their paperwork and file right, but you do have do get a good lawyer who's well connected within the system...I just think this guy who made this site has all the info one would have to know before going in...
Helpful - 0
86075 tn?1238115091
Hi, government buracracies are buisnesses like any other, and you need to know a lot of the rules and regs, their "particular" rules and regs, before you can effectively negotiate within the system...A lot of people who try for it don't know this going in, and they can get unnecessarily rejected and have to apply more then once, etc...I think this is a good site for people to familiarize themselves with a lot of the red tape, rules of the trade, etc within this system...this is only one man's experience and opinions, but I think he's pretty comprehensive and it'll give a person a good background of what's in store for them, etc...

If you are too ill to work, I think this is a good site for you to read...keeping in mind that your particular situation isn't going to be the exactly the same as this guys - but it'll give you a good overview....I think...hope this helps you...

http://heppie2000.tripod.com/index-3.html

Helpful - 0
Your question is incomprehensible.  Please re-word.

Kit
Helpful - 0
181575 tn?1250198786
I read that SSD/SSI based on Hepatitis is tough to get.  But if you have a severe mood disorder as your primary diagnosis, you have a good shot.  Get your MD to document your case well.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community

Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.