Aa
A
A
A
Close

MIgraine or Doctor wrong

hi
  "http://www.medhelp.org/perl6/neuro/messages/33922.html";

This was my preious post. I have since seen my neuro and he believes the persistent headache i have had for the past 12 weeks is a migraine. I was wondering if it is possible

1) To have a migraine that lasts for 12 weeks and still present although a little bit less intense now i am on indomethacin and sodium valproate although i have been on thses meds for 3 weeks now and only in the last week have i had this slight decrese in intensity although headache is still the 24/7. Artery that was inflammed infront of left ear seems to be less inflammed.

2) If it is possible to have migraine were i have no sensitivity to noise or no nusea or vomitting and never had a migraine before in my life?

3) Have been having back pain between shoulder blades on the vertibra over the last week. Is this a symptom of migraine?

Any thoughts would be gratefully recieved
James (22 year old male from the UK)
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi. I know that i shouldnt be posting questions here but i dont know where to do it in the website.
I am in Buenos Aires on a holiday for another month. I have been experiencing a continuous headache for a week which aches in my right temple, the top of my head (right side), my upper and lower jaw (right side)and my both my eyes. My eyes are also very sensitive to light and my ears to sound. I also have pain between my shoulder blades. I have spoken to a GP here and he told me to keep taking Paracetemol 500mg but it has little effect. Another doctor has put my on homeopathic chamomile tablets and they arent working either. I have tried to find out information about MRIs and have found that because I am not an Argentine citizen I have to pay an exhorbitant amount which i do not have. Can anyone make any suggestions for what i can do in Buenos Aires? My Spanish is intermediate, but I prefer an English speaking doctor.
Elisa
Australia
Helpful - 0
Dear Migraine is a simple surgical disease that can easy be cured.
You have another way to cure migraine by simple migraine devices that can do it at home as descripted in self treating page of www.migrainesurgery.8m.net
Also for this case you can try pressure points test by your finger over places # 1 and you can easy know if its migraine or not.
Also if you have migraine that not mean that any other headache come to you is due to migraine too.
Majority of migraine patients when they have with time also a cervical hearniated disc that make them feel as this patients descripe muscular pain in back between sholders. this muscular pain make migraine headache comes more than usual.
Best Wishes
Helpful - 0
I took the advice of a person on this and had my son tested for Lymes.  He does have it and he started with these headaches!  I'm glad I went to Lyme.net and found some answers.  Keep on searching their are answers out there.
Helpful - 0
1) a state of chronic daily migraine exists and has been recognised in the new and revised headache classification system published recently.

2) migraine does not absolutely require increased sensitivity to noise for a diagnosis, there may also be increaed sensitivity to smell or light. Also, there may not be nausea in the chronic form, although it is a common feature. New onset 'migraine' over the age of 40 years should prompt aninvestigation to exclude other headaches or intracranial pathology.

3) no primarily but such pain from the musckuloskeletal system can trigger migraine and be a factor in it becoming chronic

Good luck
Helpful - 0
has he had any back pain or shoulder pain. I took a jolt at work the and about 2 hours later the headache started. Has he been checked for any neck or upper back injury. I am going to try and get some xrays done this week as a doctor friend of mine told me today that if everything else is clear back and neck disc misalignments can cause persistent headaches!! Worth a try. All these tablets and med dont seem to be doing anything.
Helpful - 0
My son is 16 and he played a soccer game and then came home and the headache hit!
Helpful - 0
That was the same for me. I have an mri in a few weeks but went to both a chiro and osteopath and the relief reduced the headache a bit then within 24 hours was back in bed in pain.
Helpful - 0
I have had two CT scans both of which were clear and have a MRI on the 6 dec. That is an urgent appoint but in uk the NHS is rather slow and unhelpful. My headache started at the end of august. I have had no pains in my neck but have had alot of pain in the early stages of the headache in my left eye (the side that has been most assocuated with were the headache has been). I to have tried imetrex, maxalt and aloetriptan and none of them have help. Doctors also tried me on some tramadol and dihydrocodine as pain reliebers and these gave me no relief and i was off both within a week to avoid rebound headaches. I have also tried oxygen through a mask in A&E which didnt helf and diclofenic which made no difference.

I have seen an ostopath and am still seeing, a chiroprator a TMJ consultant and all with no luck. Hope this may help you rule out some treatments if we are suffering the same problem. How old is your son and what was he doing the day he got the headache. I am currently looking at what caused my headache as this is something that the doctors do not seem to worry about instead they just keep trying different drugs and treatments to get rid of it and i am convinced that something must have triggered this as i have never experienced anything even slightly similar in the past.
Helpful - 0
This sounds just like what my son has been suffering from.  He has had a headache since September 13th.  It has kept him from school must of the time.  He is 16 and they too said migraines.  He also has no sound or light sensitivity and no vomitting.  We tried it all Imetrex, Migranal and Relpax ( all for migraines) and nothing worked.  We went to a University Hospital and everything and still no relief for him.  Recently we went to a headache clinic and they told us they were not migraines, they were occipitical nerve headaches. His pain is on the left side and runs up his neck.  We have recently tried neurontin and muscle relaxers and still not a lot of relief.  We went to a neurologist who even talked about Botox but said my son is not a canidate.  WE are going back to the doctor on Wednesday to talk about a diagnostic nerve block.  We tried two time in the office with a block to stop the pain but the relief was only short lived.  They have a way that they do it with x ray.  I hope that you find some relief as I can relate to the pain and not knowing what is going on.  Did you have a MRI or MRA or any Cat scans?  My son did and all came back fine!  Good luck and if I find out anything new I will respond.  MAybe together there is some kind of answer.  I know my son would rather be out chasing girls, driving his truck and playing sports then being in such pain everyday 24/7.
Helpful - 0
Yes he did we had x ray of cervical spine and MRI of it also.  The only person that says that he is not in align is the chiropractor.  He did get some relief there but it was short lived.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Forum

Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease