Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

PROBLEM IN MY BRAIN

I AM A 28 YRS OLD WOMEN WITH 4 KIDS,I HAVE RECENTLY HAD AN MRI THAT SAID I HAVE A BLOOD VESSLE MISSING IN MY BRAIN..CIRCLE OF WILLIS..NOT TO SURE WHAT THAT IS AND HOW THIS CAME ABOUT. I HAVE AHD SEVERAL MRIS IN THE PAST AND NONE REVILED THIS PROBLEM. ANY1 ELSE WITH THE SAME THING AND WHAT SHOUD I DO????
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Its difficult for me to comment on your question without knowing more specific information

Many people have 'missing' vessels on their brain as a variation of the normal anatomy. For example, in many people instead of two anterior cerebral arteries, there are one. In some cases, arteries that are normally present as a fetus persist as an extra artery. Sometimes it can be difficult to pick up on an MR angiogram.

Alternatively, a 'missing' artery could be one that is blocked off, such as in a stroke or a congenital blockage from birth like Moya-Moya disease. This should be apparent on the MRI scan and the clinical situation - I do not have this information so cannot be more specific in your case, sorry!
Helpful - 0
hello i am not sure if it said which 1 was missing all i know is they told me that there was 1 missing, they told me that there is 1 that is expanding and putting presure on the stroke sensor(whay ever that is).
Helpful - 0
You have to get the mri report and read it again.  You can't have the circle of Willis missing...all the main arteries connect to the circle of Willis. Maybe you have a vertebral artery missing?   Get the report out and read it again...if you don't have a copy of the report you can call the MRI place where you had it done and they can fax or send you a copy and you can also request it on a CD disc and view it on your computer or hand it to your neurologist to look over it.
Helpful - 0
Did it say which vessel is missing?
Helpful - 0
it is a vessle that is missing.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Forum

Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease