Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

HEADACHES,TINGLING,STIFFNESS IN PINKY FINGERS,

I suffer from frequent headaches(especially on the lefthand side of my head. I also experience a terrible tingling in my face and even neck and arms. I also tend to get chills the whole time, without being cold.Lately I also started feeling stiffness in both my pinky fingers.
Please give advice
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
y
HOPEFULLY SOME ONE CAN GIVE ME SOME INSITE...
I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FOR SERVAL MONTHS WITH THE FOLLOWING..MY HEAD BOTHERS ME, LIKE MY FOREHEAD FEELS REALLY TIGHT AND THE LEFT SIDE OF MY FACE ACHES..IT FEELS LIKE MY FACE IS SWELLING UP SOMETIMES BUT WHEN I LOOK IN THE MIRROW THAT'S NOT THE CASE.. THEN SHARP PAINS SHOOT THROUGH THE LEFT SIDE OF MY FACE.. I GET THESE BAD HEADACHES LIKE ALL BEHIND MY EYES.. NOT EVERYDAY BUT LIKE 3 TIMES OUT THE WEEK..
ON TOP OF THAT EVERYDAY MY SHOULDERS ARE SO SO HEAVY.. FEEL LIKE SOMETHING IS SETTING ON TOP OF MY SHOULDERS AND PUSHING ON MY NECK. I CAN FEEL THE TENSION WHEN I HOLD MY HEAD BACK.. THERE IS SO MUCH PRESSURE ON MY SHOULDERS...
MY LEFT ARM FEELS NUMB AND TINGLY ALL THE WAY DOWN TO MY HAND/FINGERS... THIS GO'S ON MOST OF THE DAY AND I BE EXHAUSTED..
WHILE THIS IS GOING ON I GET SICK TO MY STOMACH LIKE I HAVE TO USE THE BATHROOM..
I GET SHAKEY ON THE INSIDE BUT I DON'T BE COLD, LIKE NERVOUSE ON THE INSIDE...I FEEL REAL LIKE HEADED LIKE I CAN FAINT BUT I NEVER DO..
I GET SHORTNESS OF BREATH... LIKE MY CHEST FEELS REAL FULL AND THE ONLY WAY FOR ME TO GET SOME RELEIF IS TO MAKE MYSELF BELCH..
Helpful - 0
You may be suffering from nerve compression in the upper portion of your spine, in the head and neck region - the cervical vertebrae -, and possibly the upper thoracic vertebrae. You should speak to your doctor, and ask for a referral to a neurologist.

You might want to consider visiting a chiropractor for an assessment of your spinal alignment.  Many chiropractors offer such assessments free of charge, as a means of finding people who might benefit from treatment, so it wouldn't hurt to ask a few chiropractors in your area if they provide free initial exams or assessments.  However, I wouldn't recommend allowing any chiropractor to perform any adjustments unless a neurologist says it would be okay.  If your problems are caused by spinal abnormalities, you don't want a chiropractor accidentally making things worse.

Jeff
Helpful - 0
I cannot give you a clinical diagnosis over the internet, as this site is purely educational

I suggest that you see a neurologsit about the above complaints who can take a full history and examination. This is the first step in the diagnosis. Your symptoms do not suggest any particular diagnosis although your information is very limited.

Headaches assocaited with symptoms on one side of the body (such as weakness or loss of sensation) should be evaluated with an MRI. Headache that is very severe, acute, new over the age of 40 years, with neck stiffness, loss of consciousness, and focal neurological signs, and fever, are headaches to look out for and require urgent attention.

Good luck
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Forum

Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease