Blank
Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

non-twelve step recovery Group

This group is for people recovering from addiction or dependency who are seeking an alternative approach to AA / NA groups. Here I hope to discuss cognitive behavioral therapy, Smart recovery principles, exercise and diet.

1 - 20 (of 11) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
4622011 tn?1357278477
I'm Vince check my profile and if you want to discuss Addiction & Recovery, they are different, would love to chat. Best of everything on your journey, Vince
  Posted
Is it simply because when you are not dependent on a particular group, program or method, that you are just busy living your life and don't think to post or discuss this topic? I am coming up on 9 months since I quit being a drunk, after...
  Posted
i am just looking for help. i am aa'd out! it is obviously not the right way for me. before i was 24 i had been to 6 different treatment centers. i am 27 now and still have a pretty hefty habit. i am just trying every avenue i can. ...
  Posted
1053987 tn?1279308110
If your an alcoholic I suggest you read "Beyond Influence" it is by for the most motivational book I have read, especially the chaper "A river runs through it" which talks about the influence our society, especially alcohol companies. Y...
  Posted
lizmcc27 could you start to discuss cognitive behavioral therapy, Smart recovery principles, exercise and diet...maybe some others will join in that have some knowledge...there is a need for an aftercare type of forum once past the physi...
  Posted
Does anyone know the best way to ween yourself totally off this stuff
  Posted
1053987 tn?1279308110
Now that I'm sober again I know I need to find people who are supportive of my recovery. I come from a family of alcoholic and I'm the only one in recovery. I don't talk about it with them, I just refuse the drinks they offer me and th...
  Posted
1249175 tn?1269552615
Is there such a thing? If so, what's the remedy? Since I was in my teens it seems like I have been addicted to something; cigarettes, pot, meth, alcohol, coke, x......luckily, I have quit all of these (with the exception of, I drank and ...
  Posted
1053987 tn?1279308110
CBT
Basically its the approach of targeting specific behaviors and changing thoughts associated with them. The four major factors are Motivation to abstain, Coping with Urges, Learning to solve problems instead of reaching for a drink, and d...
  Posted
1181745 tn?1264101429
i can help. im looking for volunteers to my program
  Posted
A
A
Recent Activity