Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

erectile dysfunction

hello

I'm a boy of twenty years old and I've got an erection problem since about three months. I don't think it's due to psychological problems. I've got a girlfriend (with which I didn't have sexual intercourse yet), but I don't think it has something to do with her because I noticed my erection problems a few weeks before we started our relationship. I can't get an erection when I try to masturbate and I hardly have any morning erections anymore. I've noticed that when I get sexually aroused, my penis doesn't get hard, but the veins begin to swell to abnormally large proportions. Also, my penis turns completely red. On the few occasions that I do have an erection, it passes after a few minutes, and afterwards my penis feels very heavy and a bit painful. In general, my penis feels rather warm and at the same time numb, as if there aren't that much nerves in it anymore. The veins are thick and blueish.
I can't relate my problems to any specific event. I don't smoke, I drink little, I'm not too sportive but I practice some sport at least once a week -usually more-, I'm certainly not overweight. I take Inderal to control my migraine, but I've been taking this medecine since september 2000 and there has never been any problem before. The dose is quite low. I've got some digestion problems and therefore I'm on a low-fiber diet (but not a very rigid one); I don't know if that may have an influence. I've got an appointment with an urologist already, but since there is a bit of a waiting list, I'd really appreciate your opinion in the meantime.

Thanks for the help

3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community

Top Urology Answerers
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.