Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Stricture discomfort

This is a follow up to an earlier post.  Short version, unprotected mistake with female California co-worker.  Two days after, irritation in urethra.  Day three GP tested for Chlym and Ghono, treated with 4 pills at once (arythormixin). Pain gone.  Test come back negative negative.  Two weeks later pain returns.  Treated with Cipro. 2 days into Cipro, testicle soreness.  Switched to Metronidazole (five pills at once) and then erythromizin.  2 days on erythromizin start feeling sick.  Dr. switched back to Cipro, took Cipro for 19 days.  Feeling worse and worse. Blood work done- Kidneys shutting down. Taken off everything.  Four days later- urethral irritation returns (has been gone since day two of 1st Cipro treatment).  Comes and goes for a month.  Tested for HIV, HEP A/B/C, Herpes 1&2, syphalis- all negative.  Female associate in California very helpful, also tested for everything listed above- nothing.  Urethral irritation still comes and goes, sometimes for days at a time.  Go to urologist, urine samples OK on three occasions,prostate exam done- everything OK, then does a  cystogram??? (looks up penis with tube).  Finds several rings he calls urethral strictures but states they are small and not to worry about them, and there is nothing that I can pass on to anyone and too small to do anything about.  Put on two days of antibiotics (Levequin), and went ahead and finished 5 days of erythorimizin on my own.(I know, not bright but convinced antibiotics helped because every time I took them the "itch" went away for a while).  Now 30 days after cystosocpy and irritation has returned for almost a week.  

Would urethral strictures cause this type of irritation.  Mainly feels like an itch near the tip of penis.  No pain when urinating, no decrease in stream, but a few drops feel like they remain when completed.  Also pushing of area between legs will ofter push out a drop or two.  Is there anything else I can ask my Dr. to do for this irritation.  Very distracting, and hurting love life.

Also- probably not related, but developed bleeding hemroid for the last 2-3 days.  Don't know why I throw that in, except they are driving me nuts too.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
233190 tn?1278549801
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
You have been through a variety of antibiotics and tests that would make infectious like STDs or urethritis less likely.

A urethral stricture can certainly cause some of the symptoms you are describing.  If this is the case, dilation during the cystoscopy can be considered.  

You can consider discussing this option with your personal physician, or in conjunction with another urological opinion.

As for the hemorrhoid, this can be evaluate via an anoscopy or flexible sigmoidoscopy.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_b
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Urology Forum

Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.