Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Redness, frequent urination, white discharge

Hi,

I am a 24 year old male and last week I started developing redness around the opening of my penis and pain upon urination. I have had unprotected sex within the last month.  The pain lasted for 3 days and has gone away but now I have to urinate frequiently.  Also if I squeeze up on my penis sometimes there is a white discharge.  The discharge is noticable more in morning but I have to push up under my penis for me to see it and have it come out.  

I have gotten frequent urination before in my life and it usually went away on its on. But I have never gotten the redness around the opening of my penis.  This redness gets worse or is darker after showering.  

Last spring I had an incident for a couple weeks that whenever i would urinate 5 or 10 seconds later I felt something come down my uretha and it was this clear sticky fluid.  I went to my doctors who referred me to a urologist but 2 days after I wen to my doctors it went away.  

I am so scared to go to any doctor now for fear of them yelling at me or sticking something into my penis because I cannont stand that pain at all.  I am also very embarrased about this whole thing and afraid a doctor will yell at me.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, Help was started.
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
233190 tn?1278549801
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Infection is the most likely cause.  This can include various STDs such as gonorrhea and chlamydia as well as various UTIs.

A urethral swab is not always necessary for culture.  Gonorrhea and chlamydia can be tested via a simple urine sample.  A urinalysis should also be obtained to look for other causes of a UTI.  

If the tests are non-revealing, a digital rectal exam can be done to evaluate for prostatitis.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_b
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Urology Forum

Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.