Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Weakened Penis, Erectile Dysfunction?

Began using penis pump a year ago. Worked well. 5 mo's ago, i might have over used it or strained, my erections were no longer 100% normal and were now around the 80-85% hard range (i masterbate alot, never before pumping, i normally ejaculate after the pumping session which is ok, but before this problem, excessive masterbation would not make me this soft).  I stopped for two weeks and hte problem began to get better; I began using the pump again but the same problem occurred.  I discontinued use for a month and then used it again with the same problem in the end, even while being cautious using the pump carefully, the results were opposite from the expected improvements.  So thus i stopped for about a month (during this month, i masterbated alot so my erections were not perfect but as it was getting better reached about 95% max) and tried it again and once again with the weak erection (im sure i am abusing my penis somehow by not giving it time to heal completely?).  I have stopped using the pump and probably never will.  I have a small fissure on the right side of my penis about 1/3" down from the base of the head (when erect), this crevice is only noticeable to the touch and only when erect.  My erections range in about the 85% and the head of my penis does not fill out and get as hard as it used to , about 80% hard.  The percentages i give is considering my normal healthy hardness, on good days i guess this could go to 110%.   I am sexually active, 22 years old, and masterbate about 12-16 times per week.  I have not urinated any blood , but my penis does throb a little without any pain or discomfort.  I am becoming very concerned.  Do I have some sort of penile thrombosis?  Do i have a permanent problem? HOW SERIOUS IS MY PROBLEM  ?  Can i recover fully 100% ?  I have been taking a lot of how showers and have been running everyday lately for the past 3 days to stimulate my blood circulation and flow.  I have not masterbated either.  Is there anything else I should be concerned of ? How long till I go see a urologist and should i do it immediately.  Thanks for your help.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, penis problem was started.
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
233190 tn?1278549801
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Difficult to say without a physical examination.  

If penile thrombosis is a concern, an ultrasound is the appropriate test for evaluation.  This can also determine if blood flow to the penis is adequate.  

I would consider an evaluation by a urologist for the aforementioned tests, and to also determine if the pump is functioning properly.

These questions can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Urology Forum

Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.