The Quantified Self community is where quantified self enthusiasts can share experiences and success stories, using device and application tracking to gain insight into their health.
Rice with Chicken, Spanish Style - this is a good way to get vegetables into the meal plan. Serve with a mixed green salad and some whole wheat bread.
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 medium onions, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 medium red/green peppers, cut into strips
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
2 cups uncooked whole grain rice
3 pounds boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces, skin removed 1½ tsp. salt (optional)
2½ cups low-fat chicken broth
Saffron or SazónTM for color
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen green beans
Olives or capers for garnish (optional)
• Heat olive oil over medium heat in a non-stick pot. Add onion, garlic, celery, red/green pepper, and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until tender.
• Add whole grain rice and sauté for 2–3 minutes, stirring constantly to mix all ingredients.
• Add chicken, salt, chicken broth, water, Saffron/SazónTM, and tomatoes. Bring water to a boil.
• Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and let the casserole simmer until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
• Stir in peas, corn, and beans and cook for 8–10 minutes. When everything is hot, the casserole is ready to serve. Garnish with olives or capers, if desired.