The Quantified Self community is where quantified self enthusiasts can share experiences and success stories, using device and application tracking to gain insight into their health.
Spanish Omelet - this tasty dish provides a healthy array of vegetables and can be used for breakfast, brunch, or any meal! Serve with fresh fruit salad and a whole grain dinner roll.
5 small potatoes, peeled and sliced
Vegetable cooking spray
½ medium onion, minced
1 small zucchini, sliced
1½ cups green/red peppers, sliced thin
5 medium mushrooms, sliced
3 whole eggs, beaten
5 egg whites, beaten
Pepper and garlic salt with herbs, to taste
3 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 Tbsp. low-fat parmesan cheese
• Preheat oven to 375 °F.
• Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
• In a nonstick pan, add vegetable spray and warm at medium heat.
• Add onion and sauté until brown. Add vegetables and sauté until tender but not brown.
• In a medium mixing bowl, slightly beat eggs and egg whites, pepper, garlic salt, and low-fat mozzarella cheese. Stir egg-cheese mixture into the cooked vegetables.
• In a 10-inch pie pan or ovenproof skillet, add vegetable spray and transfer potatoes and egg mixture to pan. Sprinkle with low-fat parmesan cheese and bake until firm and brown on top, about 20–30 minutes.
• Remove omelet from oven, cool for 10 minutes, and cut into five pieces.