Two Cheese Pizza - Serve your pizza with fresh fruit and a mixed green salad garnished with red beans to balance your meal.
2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
1 can (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
Vegetable cooking spray
2 Tbsp. olive oil
½ cup low-fat ricotta cheese
½ tsp. dried basil
1 small onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp. salt (optional)
4 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 cups mushrooms, chopped
1 large red pepper, cut into strips
• Preheat oven to 425 °F.
• Spread whole wheat flour over working surface. Roll out dough with rolling pin to desired crust thickness.
• Coat cookie sheet with vegetable cooking spray. Transfer pizza crust to cookie sheet. Brush olive oil over crust.
• Mix low-fat ricotta cheese with dried basil, onion, garlic, and salt. Spread this mixture over crust.
• Sprinkle crust with part-skim mozzarella cheese. Top cheese with mushrooms and red pepper.
• Bake at 425 °F for 13–15 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is deep golden brown.
• Cut into 8 slices.