This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.
The Weight Loss & Dieting Community welcomes you and urges you to begin an exercise tracker, as exercise is a key component of achieving successful and sustainable weight loss. Exercise is simply moving and there are many ways to move, have fun and receive the associated health benefits. The exercise tracker provides us with a way to be accountable and to visualize our efforts or those periods of time where we think we are moving and then realize we are not doing as much as we thought. It’s an awesome way to stay connected, watch your progress and this community will inspire and challenge you to try new things from skipping rope, to belly dancing, to aerobics to whatever you can imagine and allow yourself the opportunity to try!
Step 1 - Go to the Trackers & Calculators link for the community.
Step 2 - Under the Tracker List, scroll down to the bottom and click on "add tracker" next to the exercise tracker.
Now you can personalize the tracker to fit your needs and taste.
Tracker title: Name it anything you like.
Who is this tracker for?: This will allow you to choose who is going to use the tracker.
Send me reminder to update: You can elect to receive email reminders to update your tracker depending on the frequency you want.
Allow tracker to be seen by: This will allow you to choose whom you share this information with and will allow you some privacy.
Distance Unit System: Km or Miles
Weight Unit System: Kilograms or Pounds
Weight: Enter your current weight
Date of Birth: Enter your date of birth
Select a theme: You may personalize from a variety of themes and colors!
Click Create. Now your Exercise Tracker is completely set-up.
Filling In Tracker (On days with exercise activity):
1) Double click date to open tracker.
2) Chart Exercise: In this section you will find many different types of activities to select from in order to record your exercise. A sample of the options are as follows: Number of steps, total distance, time at Target HR (heart rate) and various specific types of exercise activities with a spot for the number of minutes that each type was performed (like swimming, biking, jogging, walking, step climbing, etc.) After selecting your exercises and listing the time spent on each activity, click the down arrow to continue.
3) Symptoms: In this area you will click any symptoms that you may have experienced during exercising. Some of the provided symptoms are shortness of breath, sore muscles, joint pain, cramps, exhaustion, etc. After clicking any symptoms that you may have had, click the down arrow to continue.
4) Treatments: This portion of the exercise tracker allows you to list treatments that you may have used for any symptoms that you may have encountered during or after exercise. These treatments include modalities such as Advil, Aleve, acupuncture, heat, aspirin, massage, hot tub, Tiger balm, etc. Once you have selected any treatments as they apply, click the down arrow to continue.
5) Journal: The journal section of the exercise tracker is a wonderful place to list more details about your exercise activity. You can list very specific details about your actual exercise (such as “walked on treadmill for 15 minutes at 2.5 mph”). Over time when comparing these types of details regarding your workouts, you will be able to see your progression as you are able to do more challenging activity. After you have completed your journal.
Congratulations! You have just completed your first Exercise Tracker Entry!