1) Go et.al. Prevalence of diagnosed atrial fibrillation in adults: national implications for rhythm management and stroke prevention: the anticoagulation and risk factors in atrial fibrillation (ATRIA) study. JAMA 2001; 285: 2370-2375
2) Feinberg et.al. Prevalence, age distribution, and gender of patients with atrial fibrillation. analysis and implications. Archives Intern Med 1995; 155 469-73
3) Lloyd-Jones et.al. Lifetime risk for development of atrial fibrillation: the Framingham Heart Study. Circulation 2004; 110: 1042-1046
4) Stewart et.al. A population-based study of the long-term risks associated with atrial fibrillation: 20-year follow-up of the Renfrew/Paisley Study. Am J Med 2002; 113: 359-364
5) Wolf et.al. Atrial Fibrillation as an independent risk factor for stroke: the Framingham Study. Stroke 1991; 22: 983-988
6) Gage et.al. Validation of clinical classification schemes for predicting stroke: results from the National Registry of Atrial Fibrillation. JAMA 2001; 285: 2864-2870
7) Fuster et.al. ACC/AHA/ESC 2006 guidelines for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation---- executive summary. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006; 48: 854-906
8) Connoly et.al. Challenges of establishing new antithrombotic therapies in atrial fibrillation. Circulation 2007; 116: 449-455
9) Wann et.al. 2011 ACCF/AHA/HRS focused update on the management of patients with atrial fibrillation (update on dabigatran). Circulation 2011; 123: 1-7
10) Stangier et.al. Pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of dabigatran etexilate, an oral direct thrombin inhibitor. Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis
2009; 15(suppl 1): 95-165 9-16S.
11) Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Pradaxa (dabigatran etexilate) prescribing information, 2011. available from www.pradaxa.com.
12) Connolly et.al. Dabigatran versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation. N Engl J Med 2009; 361: 1139-1151
13) Siddiqui et.al. Dabigatran etexilate, a new oral direct thrombin inhibitor, for stroke prenvetion in patients with atrial fibrillation. Expert Opin Pharmacother 2010; 11: 1403-1411
14) Stangier et.al. The pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and tolerability of dabigatran etexilate, a new oral direct thrombin inhibitor, in healthy male subjects. Br J Clin Pharm 2007; 64(3): 292-303
15) Van Ryn et. al. Dabigatran etexilate---- a novel, reversible, oral direct thrombin inhibitor: interpretation of coagulation assays and reversal of anticoagulant activity. Thromb Haemost 2010; 103: 1116-1127
16) Diener et.al. Dabigatran compared with warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation and previous transient ischemic attack or stroke: a subgroup analysis of the RE-LY trial. Lancet Neurology 2010; 9: 1157-1163
17) Eriksson et.al. Oral dabigatran etexilate vs. subcutaneous enoxaparin for the prevention of venous thromboembolism after total knee replacement: the RE-MODEL randomized trial. Thromb Haemost 2007; 5: 2178-2185
18) Eriksson et.al. Dabigatran etexilate versus enoxaparin for prevention of venous thromboembolism after total hip replacement: a randomised, double-blind, non-inferiority trial. Lancet 2007; 370: 949-956
19) Huo et.al. Oral dabigatran versus enoxaparin for thromboprophylaxis after primary total hip arthroplasty: the RE-NOVATE II randomised trial. Haematologica 93(suppl 2): abstract #1568
20) Ginsberg et.al. Oral thrombin inhibitor dabigatran etexilate vs. North American enoxaparin regimen for prevention of venous thromboembolism after knee arthroplasty surgery. J Arthroplasty 2009; 24: 1-9
21) Eriksson et.al. Novel oral factor Xa and thrombin inhibitors in the management of thromboembolism. Annu Rev Med 2011; 62: 41-57
22) Hankey et.al. Dabigatran etexilate: a new oral thrombin inhibitor. Circulation 2011; 123: 1436-1450
23) Schulman et.al Dabigatran versus warfarin in the treatment of acute venous thromboembolism. N Engl J Med 2009; 361: 2342-2352
|Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center|
What Is Hepatitis C?
Learn about this treatable virus.
Diagnosing Hepatitis C
Getting tested for this viral infection.
Just Diagnosed? Here’s What’s Next
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
Understanding Hepatitis C Treatment
4 steps to getting on therapy.
Your Guide to Hep C Treatments
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
Managing Side Effects of Treatment
How the drugs might affect you.
Making Hep C Treatment a Success
These tips may up your chances of a cure.