1018?1310446255
A place to Relax User Group
Happy Holidays everyone
About This Group:

A place to Relax, is a group for those who wish to take their minds off of their pain, or any other problem life may throw your way, to relax and have fun. You may play games, chat about Tv shows/movies, books, video games, sports, etc. Any topic is allowed to be discussed here, EXCEPT medical issues. Why? Since this group is based on temporarily forgetting the pain/worries of everyday life, and helping you relax, those type of posts are banned. Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions. Thanks for joining! I hope you'll enjoy it here! :)

Founded by Nintendo_Gamer on July 11, 2011
92 members

Happy Holidays everyone

Well, the Thanksgiving holidays are over with and I can actually say I enjoyed them for the first time in years. My former years have been filled with drama, family problems and a lot of deaths. Trying to put this all behind me has been rough. In my selfishness, I did not celebrate the holidays because they brought back too many memories for me. I did not think about the others around me who wanted to celebrate the holidays. My caregiver who is the only family I have left, has 'tolerated' my selfishness and complained very little with understanding but reminded me this year, that I have to remember to let go once in a while. I never saw this from his point of view but I was too self absorbed in my pain and creating my own drama.
Well that is behind me now and Thanksgiving was wonderful. Quiet, and sensible and with food that I have not eaten in a long time. Two days after Thanksgiving I took out the Christmas decorations and started decorating the house. I still have a lot to do but the start has really got me in the mood. I have shopping to do for my caregiver and he has already done his for me. Now all I have to do is to get him to wrap the presents and help me with the decorating. Now is the challenge. He thinks I let him off the hook by just pulling out the tree but this is going to be a good year, in spite of all the medical treatments I still have to undergo but that is not the thought at present.
My thoughts are on the present and to let go of the selfishness I had created and learn to share and be thankful for what I can share with others. To see a smile that maybe I can create for someone who has done SO MUCH for me.
It may be hard to remember what it is that I am supposed to do for these holidays but I am sure I can find a way to remember. This year I hope to focus on doing something for someone else and be thankful for what has been done for me.
well I loved reading this, you have a great gift of words and I am happy you put them here ..May I wish you a wonderful Christmas and a happy New year ..
Thank you for the kind thoughts. It has been a rough couple of years but hopefully I can move forward and start sharing the good side of my life instead of what was behind me. This year feels pretty good so far. Beginning to see what I have missed out on all these years.
selmaS commented on photo
what is courage?
14 hrs ago by Heather8448
Heather8448 commented on recovering please wai...