1018?1310446255
A place to Relax User Group
Paradox of Our Times
About This Group:

A place to Relax, is a group for those who wish to take their minds off of their pain, or any other problem life may throw your way, to relax and have fun. You may play games, chat about Tv shows/movies, books, video games, sports, etc. Any topic is allowed to be discussed here, EXCEPT medical issues. Why? Since this group is based on temporarily forgetting the pain/worries of everyday life, and helping you relax, those type of posts are banned. Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions. Thanks for joining! I hope you'll enjoy it here! :)

Founded by Nintendo_Gamer on July 11, 2011
93 members

Paradox of Our Times

Today we have bigger houses and smaller families; more conveniences, but less time

we have more degrees, but less common sense; more knowledge, but less judgment

We have more experts, but more problems; more medicine, but less wellness

We spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get to angry too quickly, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too often,
and pray too seldom

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too little and lie too often

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life; we've added years to life, not life to years

We have taller buildings, but shorter tempers; wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints

We spend more, but have less; we buy more, but enjoy it less

We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet the new neighbor

We've conquered outer space, but not inner space. We've split the atom, but not our prejudice

we write more, but learn less; plan more, but accomplish less

We've learned to rush, but not to wait; we have higher incomes, but lower morals

We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies, but have less communication. We are long on quantity, but short on quality

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion; tall men and short character; steep profits and shallow relationships

More leisure and less fun; more kinds of food, but less nutrition; two incomes, but more divorce; fancier houses, but broken homes
That's why I propose, that as of today, you do not keep anything for a special occasion, because every day that you live is a special occasion

Search for knowledge, read more, sit on your front porch and admire the view without paying attention to your needs

Spend more time with your family and friends, eat your favorite foods, and visit the places you love

Life is a chain of moment of enjoyment, not only about survival

Use your crystal goblets. Do not save your best perfume, and use it every time you feel you want it

Remove from your vocabulary phrases like "one of these days" and "someday". Let's write that letter we thought of writing "one of these days "

Let's tell our families and friends how much we love them. Do not delay anything that adds laughter and joy to your life

Every day, every hour, and every minute is special. And you don't know if it will be your last
all true rahim all true ..at the moment in the US it is about survival ....lol well economically
don't complain, when you get so sad look at me and my empty pockets ( poor Rahim )
hahahah ..well I will envision that ..

Like dear Charly Chaplin in one of his movies .................lol
mishymoshymarcy I have no reason to complai... Comment
Aug 18
selmaS <3 <3 <3 <3 Comment
Aug 18
Heather8448 A new chapter has just open... Comment
Aug 18