ADD / ADHD Community
10 year old ADHD
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

10 year old ADHD

I have a 10 year old boy who was diagnosed with ADHD when he was much younger. I am at my wits end with him. He is very disrespectful to everyone around him yells screams does not listen at all. Its scares me because his little brother is only 2 and he has hurt him badly before. At school same thing below grade level has no respect cant sit still and is very impulsive. When he is in a good mood he is the sweetest boy in the world but this does not happen very often. I have seen so many different doctors and been to so many different mental health clinic and I just get the run around. We have tried meds and they work for about a week then thats it. I never relized how many pepole have this same problem. But why is there no help. No matter what I do it never works. Its ruiming my relationship with my husband and everyone around us. Where do you go to get the help you need .
Related Discussions
312330_tn?1245180352
Atwitsendmom,

I'm sorry to hear of your situation....and I can tell that this is very frustrating to you as well.  I think that with his uncontrollable anger and violence, that you might need to look into there being more than just adhd going on here.  I would recommend finding an in-patient children's psychiatric evaluation....where they can determine what is going on, and get him on the right meds....in a controlled environment.  Good luck, and let us know what happens.

Sherry
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
1253584_tn?1332881554
Blank
ang_811 feeling grateful and bless... Comment
47 mins ago
11170796_tn?1417134910
Blank
rosebyrne12413 Should I even care... Comment
13 hrs ago
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Dietary Fat Increases...
Nov 27
Top Children's Development Answerers
Blank
Sandman2
San Pedro, CA
ADD / ADHD Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979