Aa
A
A
Close
10 year old ADHD
I have a 10 year old boy who was diagnosed with ADHD when he was much younger. I am at my wits end with him. He is very disrespectful to everyone around him yells screams does not listen at all. Its scares me because his little brother is only 2 and he has hurt him badly before. At school same thing below grade level has no respect cant sit still and is very impulsive. When he is in a good mood he is the sweetest boy in the world but this does not happen very often. I have seen so many different doctors and been to so many different mental health clinic and I just get the run around. We have tried meds and they work for about a week then thats it. I never relized how many pepole have this same problem. But why is there no help. No matter what I do it never works. Its ruiming my relationship with my husband and everyone around us. Where do you go to get the help you need .
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
312330 tn?1245180352
Atwitsendmom,

I'm sorry to hear of your situation....and I can tell that this is very frustrating to you as well.  I think that with his uncontrollable anger and violence, that you might need to look into there being more than just adhd going on here.  I would recommend finding an in-patient children's psychiatric evaluation....where they can determine what is going on, and get him on the right meds....in a controlled environment.  Good luck, and let us know what happens.

Sherry
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Reggaeprinces commented on The Turbinates: What ...
4 hrs ago
973741 tn?1342346373
Blank
specialmom commented on Green Tea and Green T...
8 hrs ago
Blank
Paxiled commented on Green Tea and Green T...
11 hrs ago
Top Children's Development Answerers
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
San Pedro, CA
ADD / ADHD Community Resources