ADD / ADHD Community
11 year old and sexual behavior with add and asd

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

hi i was wondering if someone would give me advice. Ive an 11year old girl with add and asd shes going throught puberty, i also have a 7 year old boy, they are very close as siblings are but the other day i caught them in my boys bedroom in a state of undress. when i came in they were very embarressed, my daughter ran out of the room and locked herself in the bathroom, i calmly as i could asked my son what were they doing he told me to go ask my daughter as he was clearly embaressed. i spoke with my daughter and she kept saying they were playing house. my husband and i were clearly upset but i sat them both down separately and explained this was inappropriate behavior and not to play this type of game without clothes, the problem is this is not the first time ive caught my daughter playing like this she also played this way with a child that lived down the street a few years ago. i thought i explained it well enough to her the first time it was inappropriate but clearly not, if shes now at it again. i told both of them i wasnt angry just shocked at what id seen but both seem to be very quite towards me and not their usual bubbly selfs around me. its like theyve disappointed me in some way and i cant get back to the way it was before this happened i feel that i cant trust them to play together in a room incase it happens again, what should i do?
Kids need more than just a lecture or a good talking to to change their behavior.  They need actual discipline!  I suggest that you find an appropriate consequence you could impose the next time your kids engage in this behavior.
hansen20 commented on hansen20's status
ang_811 commented on VICourageous's status
hansen20 24 weeks and have to go do ... Comment