ADD / ADHD Community
13 year old lies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

13 year old lies

My daughter was diagnosed with adhd when she was 10 we tried medicines and didnt seem to work.  She started her menstral and things seem to change for the good,  Now she is lying bout school work. saying she is getting hurt at school, and anything she can think of. Sings aloud in class and tlks to herself, when they tell her to stop she gets mad and offensive.  Her grandfather works at the school and knows he will find out everything and still she lies.  I have taken cell phone away, tv away, and even punished her and nothing helps.  I dont know what to do have another doctor appointment. I hope it is not to late.
What meds did you try?  Did you try several different?  Or only one?  My son was diagnosed ADHD about 3 months ago...give or take a couple of weeks.  The first med they gave him was HORRIBLE for him, but his cousin takes it every day and it works WONDERFUL for him.  The second med we tried works GREAT for my son, but was not good for his cousin.  Different children react differently to different meds.  Just like we as adults do.  In my opinion, best thing is to see the doctor again and try a different med.  If she's in that much trouble at school, she definately needs some help.  Good luck to you and your daughter.