Aa
A
A
Close
16 month old extreme behavior
Hi. I have a 17 month old and she is driving me nuts! I am not a first time parents, i have a 5 yr old, and have always worked in the childcare field, have a child development degree, but can't seem to figure out my own.
She is very different from my # 1 and it seems like everything she does is extreme.
She is extremely clingy and territorial with me. I can't leave her with anyone, other than my husband, but even with him if I leave she cries, and if I around she wants me all the time.
She tries to control all I do. If I sit on the computer chair she cries, she has to sit with me, if i say no she cries and will touch things around me until i get upset and either remove her from my space or stop working. If I am having a conversation with someone she will sit there and say: "mama" over and over again until I acknowledge her.
I am strict with my kids, with routines, and discipline so i dont give in, I ignore behaviors that can be ignores, like the one I just mentioned, and correct unacceptable ones with time out. I love her so i give tons of love too, I am a stay at home mom, she has enough attention+love+sibling+both parents+toys+ what else?
She can't sit still ever!

Is my child just super busy or should I worry about ADHD? Is there a reason why she could have some kind of personality disorder? I feel bad asking, but one of my parents said i should look into the matter, so i got paranoid and researched and found nothing other than mom's with the same questions!
Help!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
189897_tn?1441130118
  I really don't have that much knowledge about a 17 month old.  I do know that most doctors won't diagnose  ADHD until a child is 6.  I can certainly understand you wanting to know what is driving your child.  I would suggest posting over on the child behavior forum.  I have seen lots of similar posts with some very good suggestions.  You might try going back through many of the older posts looking for similar situations.  Best wishes
Comment
Cancel
189897_tn?1441130118
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
16 month old extreme behavior
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1816154_tn?1433484088
Blank
hansen20 commented on renae176's status
4 hrs ago
1816154_tn?1433484088
Blank