ADD / ADHD Community
16 month old extreme behavior
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

16 month old extreme behavior

Hi. I have a 17 month old and she is driving me nuts! I am not a first time parents, i have a 5 yr old, and have always worked in the childcare field, have a child development degree, but can't seem to figure out my own.
She is very different from my # 1 and it seems like everything she does is extreme.
She is extremely clingy and territorial with me. I can't leave her with anyone, other than my husband, but even with him if I leave she cries, and if I around she wants me all the time.
She tries to control all I do. If I sit on the computer chair she cries, she has to sit with me, if i say no she cries and will touch things around me until i get upset and either remove her from my space or stop working. If I am having a conversation with someone she will sit there and say: "mama" over and over again until I acknowledge her.
I am strict with my kids, with routines, and discipline so i dont give in, I ignore behaviors that can be ignores, like the one I just mentioned, and correct unacceptable ones with time out. I love her so i give tons of love too, I am a stay at home mom, she has enough attention+love+sibling+both parents+toys+ what else?
She can't sit still ever!

Is my child just super busy or should I worry about ADHD? Is there a reason why she could have some kind of personality disorder? I feel bad asking, but one of my parents said i should look into the matter, so i got paranoid and researched and found nothing other than mom's with the same questions!
Help!
Tags: 16 months, extreme