ADD / ADHD Community
18 month old with adhd symptoms is it possible??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

18 month old with adhd symptoms is it possible??

My daughter is 18 months old and for about 3 or 4 months now I have said to my husband numerous times that I feel something is wrong with her.  At her 18 month dr. app. I addressed to her doctor my concerns regarding her constantly being defiant, always on the go 24/7 climbing and not stopping, being unable to keep her occupied for more than a couple of minutes.  Really the only thing that will keep her occupied for a good amount of time is music.  In the car as soon as music is on her head wont stop bobbing to the beat of the music wether fast or slow.  In the house she dances as soon as music comes on.  Other than that she is nonstop defiant and on the go.  Also I took prozac during my pregnancy due to a chemical inbalance.  Could this have caused this in my child?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
341220_tn?1196964821
I doubt itt. My 23 month old has been the same way. All Mine wants to do is Watch Mary Poppins. LoL. I mean head sings and mimic's the dance with the hat and can and everything It just the age
Blank
I doubt it too. kids can be hard to keep there attention. ADHD is diagnosed way too much when it isn't AdHD so be careful and have fun with your kid
Blank
my husband who has ADHD--was a nightmare baby but couldn't keep still ever, according to his mother. Bounced his way out of 7 cribs according to her..but he was also extremely smart.
i guess it might be possible, that it's ADHD or something else. but it's too early to tell.
Blank
I know this is from a few years ago, but i came across it and I am really curious at if you found out if it was normal or something more?? Did she grow out of it?? Was she diagnosed with anything or is she still too young to tell?? My son is 15months old and is the EXACT same way. He LOVES music and he loves to sing and dance. He's nonstop all day long and it's hard to get him to bed most of the time. He's defiant, almost as if he tunes me out sometimes. I just don't know what to think about this. Also, his father has ADHD and was an off-the-wall child too according to his mother. And my son's half sister who is 6 was diagnosed with severe ADHD. So I think there might be a high chance my son could be too.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
982214_tn?1372877485
Blank
krichar commented on Moma_Cher's status
2 hrs ago
1236893_tn?1394988190
Blank
gymdandee commented on Toxic Herbicides in B...
2 hrs ago
2217782_tn?1394367572
Blank
swabes commented on photo
3 hrs ago
ADD / ADHD Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979