5 mg Adderall xr
My 5.4 yr old daughter was put on 5 mg Adderall XR last Wednesday. It has only been 5 days being on it. They say it works right away. We have seen no change at all. In fact we swore it worked just the opposite. Could it be just the dosage since 5 mg is the smallest dose? How long should we wait and see, if at all? I want to call her dr tomorrow but afraid he'll say give it time. I'm not expecting a perfect angel but I thought I'd see something!!

Any thoughts
It took some time for my daughters meds to work for her. But she also needed an adjustment after some time in the beginning. I would give it a month and if no change is seen then speak to her doctor and most cases they up the dosage by 10 mg. this has really helped my daughter in school and out. She had really bad impulse control and now she has many friends and good grades. I couldn't ask for more. All I want is for my daughter to succeed in life. Hope this helps yours as well. She also when coming down from her meds was given a second dose. She is on vyvance in the morning and adderol in the afternoon to escape headaches and moodiness.
    It is standard practice to start children on the smallest dose and wait for parent feedback.  So don't wait to talk to the doctor, it is expected.  He may say wait, he may up the dose - but he can't do a thing without the feedback.
    But adderall is a med that does tend to have an immediate effect.  I am a bit worried about your statement that it seemed to have the opposite effect on her.  This is a very important thing to tell your doc!  Please keep in touch and let us know what the next step is and how it works.  Its helps us help others!  Best wishes!!!!