ADD / ADHD Community
5 year old behaving realy bad
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

5 year old behaving realy bad

my five year has been spiting at kids in his kindergarden class and got suspended. He can't seem to focus at school or stay seated for long,he also bites his clothing or anything else he can get a hold of .I've tride time out,reward charts ,taking away his favorait things but it's not working. Somebody once told me he might have ADD or ADHD could this be true and what can i do to help him.I also wanted to know whats the diference between ADD and ADHD and what are the simptoms.

Thanks for your help.
Related Discussions
   Interesting, spiting is kind of a learned behavior.  He should stop it if the school is consistent in their punishments.  Make sure if he is suspended again, that time at home is not fun time.  If he continues spitting, then I would be definitely concerned.
   The fact he doesn't seem to respond to your punishments could indicate ADHD or a lack of consistency on your part (you move too quickly from one form of punishment to another).  
   For some quick information on ADHD/ADD click on the link at the top of this page to http://www.medhelp.org/medical-information/show/2157/Attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder-ADHD
   For good behavioral management techniques, you might want to try reading  Lynn Clarks' book SOS: Help for Parents.  Hope this helps
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
1253584_tn?1332881554
Blank
ang_811 H.O.P.E. Have Only Positive... Comment
5 hrs ago
982214_tn?1407809791
Blank
krichar commented on krichar's status