6 1/2 years old son behavior issues in school
Great site to seek help.
I hope I get some answers.

My son is 6 1/2. he is healthy, handsome and very, very smart boy (in school I mean).

However, he is having problems listening to teachers in school, they say, he is very impulsive and not folowing directions. He gets in trouble talking too much and always wants to do everything his way.

We have been dealing with this past couple yours and during last month it got better (or it was end of the year and teachers, probably were easy on him).

Now, we put him in summer camp, where he just needs to listen instruction, but same complaints from instructors.

I am not sure how to deal, because we tried to talk to him, restricted him from sweets, giving him extra attention (because we have a 1 year old daughter as well). We never hit him or yell, only timeouts and that's it?

do you think its is symptoms of ADHD/ADD????

please give feedback!

tiful and smart, but me and my wife facing issue from school and teachers.
  Wellllllllll, the information you have given does sound like ADHD/ADD or, he could be just a smart 6 year old who is used to getting his way.
  It would probably be a good idea to get the book, "The ADD/ ADHD Answer book," by Susan Ashley.  She gives a lot more symptoms and details that would help you figure out what the problem is.  
  It really is important to figure out what is going on.  At this age it really is pretty useless to do something at home to make him pay attention at school.  And if he has ADHD it is impossible to do anything behaviorally at home that will make him pay attention at school.  This is why children with ADHD have 504 plans or LEP's (explained in the book) to help the teachers deal with their problems.  Even if he does not have ADHD, it really is a function of the teacher to deal with the child's lack of attention.  Maybe by the time the child is in 4th grade and can deal with long term consequences something at home can be done about what is going on at school.
   The point is that you do need to find out what is going on.  Kids with ADHD require different behavioral methods than kids who are just indulged.  Either way, you need to find out so you can treat the cause.  The fact that his teachers have noticed his behavior would be an indication that further research is warranted.  I trust a child psychiatrist more then a pediatrician to make this judgment.   If it turns out that he is just a normal, smart 6year old trying to get attention due to his new sister - that's great.  Its easy to deal with.  If he has ADHD getting help and treatment now will save a lot of grief in later years for all concerned.  Do buy the book I recommended, it will help you decide what to do and if he does have ADHD - it will give you a lot of good ideas to help him now and in the years to come.    Good Luck and please post if you have any more questions!