ADD / ADHD Community
7 year old girl w/ ADHD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

7 year old girl w/ ADHD

My 7 year old girl was diagnosed w/ ADHD 3 years ago. She has been on Vyanese, and it helps the daily school functions but once it wears off she acts like a DEMON most nights. We have tried all types of discipline, but to no avail.  It doesn't matter what you do for discipline (sit in corner, spanking, go to be w/ no TV) it all seems to be funny to her. My wife & I are at wits end and need some advice, from anyone who has been through the same situation.

Thanks in advance.
    Skip the discipline, it obviously won't work (and you really need to understand why it won't), and go to distraction.  Find something to keep her occupied.
   but most importantly you need to let your doctor know what is going on.  There are several medical ways that can help her get over this part of her life.
  There are also several good books that might help you.  check out
The ADD & ADHD Answer Book: Professional Answers to 275 of the Top Questions Parents Ask (Paperback) by Susan Ashley PhD.