ADD / ADHD Community
ADD, learning difficulties /treatment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

ADD, learning difficulties /treatment

I am very interested in homeopathy for children’s learning difficulties.

One of our twin girls, 10years has had expressive language difficulties, has  since
she started to talk, we did speech therapy for 6years.  plus we do extra tutoring, our daughter continues to make progress ,our daughter wants to learn, doesn’t give up, . Our daughter with learning difficulties is very visual, learns visually.
I am very interest in homeopathy to see if it can  help our daughter with her learning issues, it’s the parents that must fight on for them..
We had our daughter on Strattera 40mg a non- stimulent for ADD, as she has ADD, we have taken her off the medication, she was on it for 12months+, had tried Concerta before this, however our daughter couldn't sleep at night while on Concerta, we don't feel the benefits have been great on Strattera.
I live in Australia and Homeopathy isn't supported by mainstream Doctors.

Thanks again for your time.
   The trouble with the ADHD meds is that everyone is different.  Sometimes it takes a bit of trial and error to get it right.  Good communication with your doctor is important.  And if your doctor is a pediatrician - well, they don't always have the training to make the right choices.
   Anyway to answer your question.  Personally, I don't think that homeopathy will help very much if they already have a good diet and are not allergic to any foods.  However, here is a very good site that should give you almost all you would want to know.
  http://www.healing-arts.org/children/ADHD/nutritional.htm   and also for herbal things
http://www.healing-arts.org/children/ADHD/herbal.htm

If you are interested I can also suggest some books that will help with learning techniques. m Best wishes.
Appreciate your websites, will have a look  Interested in the books also.

Thanks again Fizzy
   Two very good books that I recommend a lot.
The first is fairly easy to read due to its format and covers a lot of ground from meds to discipline to school.  Its -  "The ADD/ ADHD Answer book," by Susan Ashley. ,
  The second book is much larger. It probably is aimed more at teachers as it goes into a lot of teaching techniques.  Its - Sandra Rief’s "How to Reach and Teach Children with ADD/ADHD"
  I got them both via Amazon.  Best Wishes.
krichar commented on krichar's status
1 hr ago
Paxiled commented on Gross Things Beef Cat...
realjimmy commented on photo