ADD / ADHD Community
ADD or Hypochondriac?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

ADD or Hypochondriac?

I've posted on this website before but am still curious. I have fairly recently started to wonder if I have adhd. I used to jokingly think I did, but brushed it off as being untrue. However, now I'm unsure. I've just finished week one of classes and I seem to be able to pay attention fairly well, I think. I absolutely dread and hate thinking about homework I'll have to do, though. But, I've read that many adhd people want to do their homework, but they just get distracted. I know that in the past I've neglected to do homework and beat myself up (emotionally) for it afterwards, but I could just be really lazy.
I am curious about adhd though, because I've read people with it have a lot of internal dialogue and I think I do as well but I can't remember if this is all the time. Also, thoughout all of middle school and high school I got some A's, but also many D's and F's, even in classes I like and are my strong suit like art class. I hope I'm not just really lazy or dumb, and I know that I can't know for sure without a diagnosis but I was wondering about advice or if it seems worthwhile to be assessed by a doctor.
    First, you probably don't have ADHD (that would have been caught early), but ADD or Predominantly Inattentive Type".   You can read about that here -
          http://www.help4adhd.org/about/what/WWK8
    And, as I said in my earlier response, you do have many of the symptoms. and the only way that you will know for sure is to get a diagnosis.  However, women tend to kind of get ignored by many doctors.  You want to make sure that you see a doctor that deals with adult ADD/ADHD.  Your primary physician will probably have no clue.
     Second, you need to make sure that you know alot about ADD.  Make sure you read the last links I sent you.  This link will also help - http://www.additudemag.com/slideshow/20/slide-1.html
    and, once again - if your class has caught your attention - then you will pay attention to it.  
    Hope this helps.  Let me know if you need any more info.
Hollus commented on photo
Hollus commented on photo
Israel Proves the Desalination Era ...
8 hrs ago by gymdandee