ADD / ADHD Community
ADD w/anxiety what meds work best??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ADD w/anxiety what meds work best??

I'm 23yr male. recently diagnosed add innatentive type with anxiety. I'm well educated on add and don't have a doubt that I have always suffered from this. My more specific problems are extreme boredem, lack of motivation, concentration problems, lack of interest, lack of enjoyment, and I also have anxiety with mild panic which seems to come and go, maybe once or twice a week. What treatment options are best for this? I have been on 2 ssri (celexa, lexapro, 20mg) for the anxiety, both made me completely numb feeling, periods of de-realization, didn't seem to do a thing for my anxiety (yes I was on them for almost two months each)Regardless of my anxiety, my Dr. wanted to try and treat the add and see how the response was. I got a script for adderall (adderrall) IR 10mg 2x daily, which has helped me eliminate caffiene altogether, and I'm working on kicking my nicotine habit. Overall it makes my mood much better and I can feel a lot more normal. It doesn't seem to directly cause my anxiety since I'm feeling better on it, but if I start feeling anxiety while on the adderall (adderrall) it can seem a lot worse than it is. I just feel like I'm stuck and theres nothing that can help. Adderall (adderrall) makes me feel better but I just don't trust it and was wondering how safe really is it compared to ssri's?? I'm worried I'm going to have a terrible panic attack while on it and go psychotic or something. On the other hand, it makes my energy level normal and I feel better and am actually enthaused about life while on it, and not in a euphoric way at all. On the other hand the periods of anxiety can be hell. Has anyone else had a similar experience or has add with anxiety? And if so, what treatment options did you try and how did they work?