Aa
A
A
Close
2083143 tn?1332285583
ADHD/OCD?
Hi ~ I have a nephew who is almost 14. He was diagnosed with ADHD when he was about 5. He has been on just about every med out there for this. He has been STEALING for the past 5 or 6 years. He mostly takes food items. Sometimes he steals money, but it is just to buy food. He wakes up in the middle of the night and literally arm crawls around the house to get what he wants. My sister has had to lock up the pantry and fridge to try and control it, but he always finds ways. Does anyone else have an issue like this with their child?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
189897 tn?1441130118
   We had a similar post recently - http://www.medhelp.org/posts/ADD---ADHD/adhd-son-sneaking-food-to-his-room/show/1698935
   One thing to remember is that the meds can effect ones appetite.  Its possible that he is not hungry at dinner time, but after the meds wear completely off - he is starving.
    Frankly, I don't understand the problem with letting a child eat.  If the are obesity problems - then thats a different story.  But either way, she is ignoring the problem and her solution is certainly not working.
   If you need any more info on ADHD and its effects, please feel free to post.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
2 hrs ago
Blank
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
5 hrs ago
1816154 tn?1463433618
Blank
hansen20 23 more days!! to be honest... Comment
17 hrs ago
Top Children's Development Answerers
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
San Pedro, CA
ADD / ADHD Community Resources