ADD / ADHD Community
ADHD/OCD?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

ADHD/OCD?

Hi ~ I have a nephew who is almost 14. He was diagnosed with ADHD when he was about 5. He has been on just about every med out there for this. He has been STEALING for the past 5 or 6 years. He mostly takes food items. Sometimes he steals money, but it is just to buy food. He wakes up in the middle of the night and literally arm crawls around the house to get what he wants. My sister has had to lock up the pantry and fridge to try and control it, but he always finds ways. Does anyone else have an issue like this with their child?
   We had a similar post recently - http://www.medhelp.org/posts/ADD---ADHD/adhd-son-sneaking-food-to-his-room/show/1698935
   One thing to remember is that the meds can effect ones appetite.  Its possible that he is not hungry at dinner time, but after the meds wear completely off - he is starving.
    Frankly, I don't understand the problem with letting a child eat.  If the are obesity problems - then thats a different story.  But either way, she is ignoring the problem and her solution is certainly not working.
   If you need any more info on ADHD and its effects, please feel free to post.