ADD / ADHD Community
ADHD Ring of Fire worried need help asap

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

So last night I was told their are 7 kinds of ADHD and the ring of fire sounds like what I have and over-focused but I am on meds for general ADHD and I feel like my doctor does not know and just not up to date with the medical field and I am worried
      Well, if you have been on the same dose of Concerta for years, that could be part of the problem.  But, the bigger problem is your lack of trust in your psyc (and it sounds like you have good reason to have a lack of trust).  
     One reason I suggested the post above is so that you can start to get the information that he is not been giving you.  Give it a try.
      So somebody has read parts of Dr. Amens book.  I have the book.  Its interesting but I have my doubts about a lot of it.
      Basically, if you have the "ring of fire',  which you could only know through
single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) brain scans, then what you have would be a "cross between ADHD and bipolar disorder; characterized by moodiness, aggressiveness, and anger; Anticonvulsants or newer antipsychotic medications tend to work better than stimulants."    And the last thing that I would try first is a anticonvulsant or an antipsychotic medication.
     ADHD has many co-existing disorders (Most of which were/are caused by the ADHD and its lack of treatment).  I think its important to deal with the ADHD which most stimulant meds can do.  But what is more important is to gain an understanding of ADHD and what or how it effects you.  That will then enable you to more effectively deal with it.
    Don't know what kind of a doctor you are seeing, but if all he is doing is giving out meds and no advice - then looking for a doc. who can do more then just medicate would be good (also more expensive).
    I am sure that the person who told you that you had the ring of fire was just trying to be helpful, but I am not sure that they have done much research into it.  
   Anyway, if you have any specific areas that you would like more info on I may be able to help.  Best wishes!
Yes he basically gives me the god darn drug and barley or does not give anymore advice anymore he just does not know why or what to do and my mom says dont talk about him or mention about him because does not want to know or how to deal with it and gives up. He is nuero.... I think i might call their clinic soon
   So what does he have you on, and does it seem to be working?  Oh, how long have you been on the med?
UH no it does not and um since last year i get the most horrible and crazy melt downs or what ever its called and I cant control it at all....
   So you are saying that you are not getting any help at all?  That's not good!  Does sound like you might have a pretty severe case of anxiety (among other things?)
   One site you might find helpful is a ADD site for adults called JeffsADDmind.  You can find it here - http://jeffsaddmind.com/for-first-time-visitors
   Do let me know if there is any specific areas that you want or need information and I will try and help.  Best wishes.
I mean I do think I have ring of fire but my nero just knows i have add and adhd and gives me concerta for years and it don't work and I feel like he does not know what he is doing or does not know what to do nor my parents i am lost and cant stand it at all