ADHD children and potty training
I have a daughter who is a little over 4 and currently being treated for ADHD. She was completely potty trained at 2 years old and didn't have accidents at night. Since her diagnosis this past May and they started her on medicine she's started having accidents here and there and now she just totally refuses to use the bathroom unless she has a bowel movement. I'm getting frustrated with the situation as she doesn't seem to be bothered by being wet, and will sit on the couch and wet herself then continue to sit there like it's nothing. If anyone else has had any experience with this type of issue I'd appreciate some advice and or input, I've brought it up to her doctors several times and they said they doelpn't deal with the issue until they are older. I'm frustrated and it seems like no one is willing to help out and I just can't imagine this being a normal thing kids do.
I have ADHD and I never did stuff like most of these kids do nowadays. I wonder how much can actually be blamed on the disorder and how much should be blamed on the pills?

My niece is 12 and she refuses to flush the toilet when she's done. She just started getting her period which makes things even worse.

Perhaps if she's only doing this while watching tv, you could try banning her from it for a day at a time. She's old enough to know better, so discipline is not out of the question.
Talk to a different doctor and tell them it's only been happening since taking the meds. Maybe these are not the right meds for her...after all, aren't the meds supposed to help control all of the "bad things" that we people with ADHD suffer from? lol
Sorry, just a thought.

On a different note however...my two year old son has started peeing down the heat vents. I went on line and found several sites where other parents were complaining about the very same thing. It's interesting to see though that most of them are boys, and most of them are 4 turning 5. Something about that age group...kind of odd isn't it?
The girls that were doing it were in the 3-4 year old group. Most parents claimed the boys were peeing down heat vents, cold air returns, and in/on toys. Girls however were peeing thier pants, on couches, chairs, etc. These were all kids that were previously potty trained.
When asked why, some of the comments included: "because I thought it was the toilet", "it was too far to walk to the bathroom", "I'm afraid of going into the bathroom", etc. Many different excuses, many children, but all with the same problem.
Perhaps your's might be one of these odd cases.
Good luck.
   Actually, this is kind of common for ADHD children.  There is a very good section on Enuresis at the following site.  It is much too long for me to repeat here.
     http://www.ncpamd.com/adhd_and_bedwetting.htm

I think this will provide some help.  Best wishes.