ADD / ADHD Community
ADHD son who repeats questions several times
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ADHD son who repeats questions several times

My son is 23 years old, Diagnosed with asperger. He keeps repeating the  the same question over and over again. and always talk of negative things. He was sacked from school when he was 15 years as he hit the teacher. but a gentle hit, and now he keeps telling that he was sacked because he touched the teacher each day several times. and becomes violent. his command of language is very good and his memory is also very good. how can we cure him?
Blank
Meds only work for a specific time period.  Part of his problems may be happening cause Meds no longer in system.  With ADHD you tend to hyper focus.  Meds will help , as long as they are in system.  What's he on an I can tell you how long they should last.
   He also needs behavioral help from a psyc.
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Does he also have ADHD or add?
Blank
he has ADHD
Blank
He is taking medication from small days on words, but there is no improvement at all.
Blank
Meds only work for a specific time period.  Part of his problems may be happening cause Meds no longer in system.  With ADHD you tend to hyper focus.  Meds will help , as long as they are in system.  What's he on an I can tell you how long they should last.
   He also needs behavioral help from a psyc.
Blank
He takes Valparin 1000mg per day and risperidone 4.5 mg per day.
Blank
  None of those are adhd meds.  Resperidone is a strong antipsychotic,  if his problems have gotten worse since being on it, it may be the problem.  Other med is for seizures, etc.
Blank
then what is the medicine for ADHD?
Blank
   Simple answer is stim meds like Ritalin or adderall (adderrall).  Much more detailed answer in this post I did.  It's the last post.
      http://www.medhelp.org/posts/ADD---ADHD/Recently-diagnosed/show/2477271#post_12057962
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
982214_tn?1407809791
Blank
krichar commented on Moma_Cher's status
1 hr ago
982214_tn?1407809791
Blank
krichar commented on mhv's status