ADD / ADHD Community
ADHD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

ADHD

what is the best method to deal with ADHD im really new to this. My son who is 7 just started to take the lowest dosage to aid in this. Just last week. He has outbreaks at times with frustration is the part of the ADHD?
     Yes, frustration is a part of ADHD.   The kids just can't understand why they can't do what other people are doing (primarily in school).
      The most important thing that you can do is to learn all you can about ADHD!   There are some very good sites with excellent practical things you can do.  This site has lots of helpful ideas -
       http://www.additudemag.com/adhd/article/911.html
  And another good overall site is
     http://www.help4adhd.org/en/about/what/WWK1

I also suggest you buy the book,  "The ADD/ ADHD Answer book," by Susan Ashley.  Its only about 10 bucks on Amazon.  It is very, very good and more importantly is easy to jump to areas that interest you.
      By the way, make sure his teachers know that he has ADHD.  Also the book by Ashley has a great section on 504 plans in case that is needed.  504 plans are ways the schools can help the kids.
     Hope this helps.  Feel free to post if you have more questions.
My son is 12 now and has been medicated for ADD since he was 7. The best medication he has been on is Vyvanse & Clonodine. Teachers are not required to nor do they take the time to learn how to teach or deal with an ADD/ADHD/ODD child. It is really quit upsetting as a parent to know that we send our child with a mental problem to school who are taught by teachers who are not skilled to teach said child. Right now, my son, with the help of 6 years of psychiatric counseling is at the point where he is reading about his condition so that he understands it & can control his behaviors more. If our children have a better understanding of "why" they have to take meds & don't feel like/act like other kids, it can/will be a great tool.
my son this year has had many write ups at school it has been a long year already. Its been stressful now that he has been diagnosed with ADHD im trying to keep my cool it is stressful for everyone involved i watch him when i take him to events i see him acting different i just sit back and watch i see him at times doing devious things  making faces and talking out loud at time i dont see the other children doing this i have to give him reminders and i dont want to make him feel uncomfortable is this also some issues that come along with ADHD?
    That is exactly some of the issues that come along with ADHD.  Kids of his age have no impulse control.  The meds do help - but they also wear off.  Of course, some of the meds are much longer lasting.  
   In the classroom when working with ADHD kids I usually worked out some kind of hand signal so I could tell a child to cool it without the rest of the class knowing what was going on.  So just explain to him that when you are reminding him to cool it, its just to help him.  He's not in trouble, etc.
frustration is definitely a part of ADHD, for the parents and the child! It is stressful to be out of control of your body and not able to behave.  Oftentimes, the impulsivity makes kids do things that make the appear 'weird' and they can be teased.  ADHD has been around for a while but it has gotten a lot of attention lately and there are new studies coming out regularly about the best treatments available.  Many places provide the same treatment no matter what the research says, arm yourself with knowledge. The long term effects of ADHD that is not treated in childhood can be severe. There are sites out there to help you learn the latest research about treatments for ADHD.