ADD / ADHD Community
Add/ADHD- aspergers
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Add/ADHD- aspergers

After years of frustration my son of 14 was diagnosed with aspergers along with his previous diagnoses of add/ADHD .  For many years we had him on daytrana, then went to Vyvanse.  These worked for a short time then when he hit 12 it has been off the charts.  His focusing and oppositional behavior has not been controlled.  He never has shown signs of oppositional behavior til last year.  We changed his medication by increasing his adderall (adderrall) to now 30 mgs a day and 2 mgs of iTune. I find that the more we give him for his attention medicine the adderall (adderrall) the more he becomes oppositional. His peers, school, and us at home find dealing with this behavior off the charts.  What other medications are out there for teens to help with add/ADHD and not create should a mood imbalance.  Btw we also added a small amount 2mgs of Zoloft, which help very little.  So I feel like we are medicating the heck out of him to achieve his attention issues.  Any suggestions
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
2217782_tn?1394367572
Blank
swabes my medhe isn't functioning ... Comment
3 hrs ago
982214_tn?1407809791
Blank
krichar commented on krichar's status
7 hrs ago