ADD / ADHD Community
Adderall - Drug Testing
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Adderall - Drug Testing

I am on probation and was tested positive for meth during a simple urine analysis using no specialized machines. It was just a quick on location test. I know personally that I have never done such a drug but I do take adderall (adderrall) xr for my ADHD diagnosis. It is prescribed to me and everything. Is this what could of caused the positive reading? If so will further examination tell officials what exactly it is so my name is not associated with meth no longer. Or should I be worried?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Your probation officer should know what medications you are on. Yes, Adderall (adderrall) is stimulant based, its a methamphetamine. You can look it up online to get the information. You should have a doctors letter stating that you are on the adderall (adderrall) or have your doctor change you to Stratterra which is a non-stimulant treatment for add/adhd, especially in adults. I wouldn't be too worried, but if you don't want to test positive all the time you might want to try something else. I don't believe they can further test your urine or blood to find the reason for the meth in your system and its exact nature, its meth no matter how it got there, legally or otherwise. So see your doctor, get a letter or have him try a different medication.
Good luck, stay out of trouble.
Blank
13167_tn?1327197724
Adderal is an amphetamine,  but it shouldn't test as "meth" in a good drug screen.

I happen to have a urine drug screen form right here,  you can test "negative".  Or positive for cannabinoids,  cocaine,  amphetamine,  methamphetamine,  opiates,  etc.  

The amphetamine and meth are two different "check boxes",  and you should have tested positive for amphetamine.  If you have a prescription in your name that shouldn't be a problem.

Best wishes.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
982214_tn?1372877485
Blank
krichar Exhausted!! Comment
41 mins ago
982214_tn?1372877485
Blank