ADD / ADHD Community
Adderall (IR) (Generic) Shortage - Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec 2011?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Adderall (IR) (Generic) Shortage - Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec 2011?

Hey all -- I live near Cincinnati, OH and Adderall (adderrall) IR (generic) has been scarce at best.  Back in Sept 2011 I had to call about 10 pharmacies before I found one that had 20mg IR Qty 60.  Since then my doc switched me over to Adderall (adderrall) (ER) b/c it is easier to find.  I'm not a big fan of how to Adderall (adderrall) (ER) made me feel (little anxious, restless, and oddly enough I had a lot of disorganized thinking -- very strange).  Doc put me on Vyvanse this month and not tolerating it well.

Anyhow - I am wonder if anyone else is having trouble getting Adderall (adderrall) IR.  Does anyone know when the supply is supposed to catch up with the demand??  

I have heard from my pharmacy that it is on manufacturer back-order -- Basically Barr (and the other 2 distributors - can't remember names right now) can not obtain the l-amphetamine salts from the company that produces it.  The pharmacy speculated that the distributor is nearing is annual limit in terms of amount they can produce.  I'm not sure if that is for real or not - but it sounded credible enough.
Tags: shortage, generic adderall, adderall IR, adderall ER, 2011