ADD / ADHD Community
Adderall (IR) (Generic) Shortage - Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec 2011?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Hey all -- I live near Cincinnati, OH and Adderall (adderrall) IR (generic) has been scarce at best.  Back in Sept 2011 I had to call about 10 pharmacies before I found one that had 20mg IR Qty 60.  Since then my doc switched me over to Adderall (adderrall) (ER) b/c it is easier to find.  I'm not a big fan of how to Adderall (adderrall) (ER) made me feel (little anxious, restless, and oddly enough I had a lot of disorganized thinking -- very strange).  Doc put me on Vyvanse this month and not tolerating it well.

Anyhow - I am wonder if anyone else is having trouble getting Adderall (adderrall) IR.  Does anyone know when the supply is supposed to catch up with the demand??  

I have heard from my pharmacy that it is on manufacturer back-order -- Basically Barr (and the other 2 distributors - can't remember names right now) can not obtain the l-amphetamine salts from the company that produces it.  The pharmacy speculated that the distributor is nearing is annual limit in terms of amount they can produce.  I'm not sure if that is for real or not - but it sounded credible enough.
Tags: shortage, generic adderall, adderall IR, adderall ER, 2011
It's possible you want the substance abuse forum I am not certain , but we dont know much about meds/drugs on here ..good luck... ps we also have a pharmacy forum may be able to help you
The shortage is every where from what I understand. I have the same every month that you're having. Walmart usually seems to be the the best bet.
Same thing here I live in Louisiana and I get 20 mg IR, and it's been the same b s for a few months now.
Did you end up finding any.