ADD / ADHD Community
Adderall Reaction
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Adderall Reaction

My son has been on Adderall (adderrall) for about 1 year.  20 mg am and 10mg after noon.  He just started getting headaches and an upset stomach.  Could this be from the Adderall (adderrall)?  
Tags: Headache, ADD, ADHD
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
731081_tn?1256286766
It could be of the adderall (adderrall).  Im a current addict (i abuse it) of this drug and Im struggling to get off it.  Adderall (adderrall) can have many many side effects. If your son keeps having those symptoms try and talk to your doctor.  
Blank
765070_tn?1384873394
It is a stimulant medication which is known to cause headaches and upset stomach.  When does he seem to get the headaches?  I got the headaches usually after the dose wore off and would get tired.  Does he take adderall (adderrall) xr which are capsules or just the short acting adderall (adderrall) which comes in pill form?  You may need to lower the dose which could help his side effects.  If the dose is too strong; when it wears off it can definitely cause withdrawal symptoms.  My son and I both had this problem.  After a year on the med, your son will definitely need to either increase or decrease based on how he is doing.  My son had to decrease meds since as he got older the symptoms of ADHD were less.  Hope this helps.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
ADD / ADHD Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...