ADD / ADHD Community
Adderall XR Overdose?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Adderall XR Overdose?

I've taken 90mg xr within a 6 hour period. Am I in any danger?
I don't think so. You may feel very jittery and anxious towards the end of the day. I know people who exceed that dose on a daily basis. Try to avoid caffeine and make sure you drink plenty of water. If you experience any strange side effects like hallucinations, delusions, irritability, depending on the severity you may need to contact your doctor. The maximum dosage prescribed is around 40 mg XR and it's set at that limit for a reason. Long-term use at excessively high doses can cause amphetamine induced psychosis. Please use discretion when taking stimulants, while tolerance does build rapidly it is possible to maintain a consistent amount of efficacy at a constant dose.

Consult your doctor about the prospect of taking a drug holiday or gradually reducing the dosage so that you can lower the tolerance you have built up. While it is rare to overdose on stimulants such as adderall (adderrall), there are serious health risks that could be detrimental. The drug can cause a chemical imbalance in your brain that would take months...even years to stabilize.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
ZoeC16 added the Addiction Recovery Tracker
20 hrs ago
5944308_tn?1396482349
Blank
zerokewl123 Merry Christmas all my medh... Comment
22 hrs ago