Aa
A
A
Close
Adderall doses for adults
I am a 36 yo female, 5'6 125 lbs. Other than ADHD anm healthy and fit.
I am currently, after 7 months of slow increases of Adderall XR and then changing IR (due to extreme cost differences) I'm on 40mg 2x's daily. Problem is I take first dose at 7:00 and second at 12:00. By 3:00 I'm useless. My Dr., who is very conscientious, already worries I'm taking a high dose and while she's not unwilling to consider a dose increase, she wants to wait. I've often taken a 3rd dose at 2-3:00 and it helps, but 120 mg, I've read, is a heck of alot.
My ? is, aren't we all different? When I read about people who take 20 mg a day and are doing well, I'm shocked. I sometimes take my 12:00 dose and take a nap an hour later. Then I read people who say oh my god, you take 80 mg a day? That's crazy! But I hardly even notice it.
If it helps, could it still hurt in the long term? I just don't want to damage my body. My blood pressure is quite low normally, and I've had no change in that.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
765070 tn?1384873394
I am on the generic short acting form of adderall.  I take 40 mg a day.  I cut the pills in half and take 10mg at 7am, 10mg at 11am, 10mg at 3pm, and 10mg at 6 or 7pm.  This keeps it consistent.  Maybe, with the consent of your doctor, you could take it this way as well.  I do not have any issues sleeping and it works better than the XR.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on Green Tea and Green T...
9 hrs ago
Blank
jimgreg on now 400 mg of lamctal,,a... Comment
21 hrs ago
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Green Tea and Green T...
21 hrs ago
Top Children's Development Answerers
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
San Pedro, CA
ADD / ADHD Community Resources