Adderall doses for adults
I am a 36 yo female, 5'6 125 lbs. Other than ADHD anm healthy and fit.
I am currently, after 7 months of slow increases of Adderall XR and then changing IR (due to extreme cost differences) I'm on 40mg 2x's daily. Problem is I take first dose at 7:00 and second at 12:00. By 3:00 I'm useless. My Dr., who is very conscientious, already worries I'm taking a high dose and while she's not unwilling to consider a dose increase, she wants to wait. I've often taken a 3rd dose at 2-3:00 and it helps, but 120 mg, I've read, is a heck of alot.
My ? is, aren't we all different? When I read about people who take 20 mg a day and are doing well, I'm shocked. I sometimes take my 12:00 dose and take a nap an hour later. Then I read people who say oh my god, you take 80 mg a day? That's crazy! But I hardly even notice it.
If it helps, could it still hurt in the long term? I just don't want to damage my body. My blood pressure is quite low normally, and I've had no change in that.
I am on the generic short acting form of adderall.  I take 40 mg a day.  I cut the pills in half and take 10mg at 7am, 10mg at 11am, 10mg at 3pm, and 10mg at 6 or 7pm.  This keeps it consistent.  Maybe, with the consent of your doctor, you could take it this way as well.  I do not have any issues sleeping and it works better than the XR.