ADD / ADHD Community
Adderall prescription and regulations

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Adderall prescription and regulations

I was diagnosed with ADHD when i was in highschool an have been taking adderal since then. Recently, I had taken a month and a half break from it because of the holidays bringing an easier schedule for me. Now that school is in session again with a full course schedule, I started taking 20mg adderall (adderrall) again. I have recently also been hired to a new internship working upwards of 20-27 hours a week if busy. It's now time for midterms, which has required a bit more of me to say the least. I am prescribed 3 20mg adderall (adderrall) a day @ 90 tabs. My psych has recommended that I take 4 a day if I feel it necessary when my schedule is more demanding. So for the past 2.5 weeks or so, during the days in wich I had work and instense studying to do, I followed his reccomendation. However, this lead to my prescription finishing before the next refill date by about 4 days. My psychiatrist has given me a new prescription, but my worry is that my insurance won't cover it due to schedule 2 laws. If I bring the prescription to the pharmacy will it be filled? And if so will it be covered by my insurance?
Tags: pharmacy, ADHD
   Good question.  psyc;'s change meds and doses all of the time.  schedule 2 laws are to prevent (among other things) kids selling extra meds to friends.
   Essentially, you are an adult and I don't think that there is an FDA max for adults.  The average seems to be from 60 to 120 per day (at least according to some sources I googled), so you are well within that range.
  I don't think the insurance will be a problem.  If the pharmacy has a problem they will/should call your doctor - and that should take care of the problem.
   By the way, I do like how you are adjusting your dosage to your schedule.  It shows a self awareness that is important.  Best wishes.
I'm out of State due to a family death and my doctor refuses to mail my RX. She called in my Xanax. I saw her on the 20th of April and never knew of a new law regarding Adderall (adderrall) Rx. Should I have to quit a medication I've been on for 4 years "cold turkey"? I'm thankful I stuck to a strick "holiday" regimen. ??

It has been my experience that the very last thing insurance companies care about is your health.  The only thing they care about is MONEY. If there is any way they can get  out of paying for medication that has been properly prescribed and monitored by your physician, they will use it.  And, just like the insurance companies they support, our government is not concerned with our health either.  They have given the insurance companies everything they need, and nothing that you need.  This is the  corruption and collusion  that is our lawmakers nourishment at present, and you can see how much they care about your health by the speed at which they enact laws that will help "the people".  And don't look to pharmacies for any help because they are  terrified of the government and  have been relieved of any need to think. Since they are no longer bogged down with  decisions of any kind, do count on them, to treat you disrespectfully, as if you were a dope fiend or drug dealer.  They now have plenty of time for that,and will most likely take it for granted that you are a criminal.  I am a 62 year old woman with 5 years of experience being treated as it I were going to take my Rx out to sell on the street, or will abuse them with abandon.  Your illness is beside the point, and insurance companies along with lawmakers do not care.  We have the wrong illness, and because we now live in a very sick country, must bow to the purely financial decisions made without regard for our health, and accept punishment for our illnesses when we may once have hoped for help.
I'm on same medication and my insurance will fill my prescription a week early. If u had ur rx with u most major chain pharmacies will fill it
Avatar n tn
That is very naive and self-centered. You should think a little bit more broadly, and consider the real cost of health care. I pay my own way. Try it. You'll have a much different outlook.
krichar uploaded a new photo
Sandman2 commented on specialmom's status
hansen20 commented on photo