ADD / ADHD Community
Addicts in recovery and vyvanse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Addicts in recovery and vyvanse

My question is this:  Has anyone taken adhd medication such as vyvanse and is in recovery from adrugs and alcohol?
YES! I'm a 22 year old male taking 50 mg vyvanse daily. I'm in recovery for alcohol and cocaine abuse. Been sober now for 10 months, and yes it has been difficult not to abuse vyvanse. Addicts think different than most people. We find something we like and all we can think is more more more. What I do is get a friend to hold my vyvanse and give it me as needed. I don't recommend holding on to them yourself!!! Bad idea!! And if you can't find a way to get someone else to hold onto them, then maybe the best thing is to find another way to treat the adhd because all stimulant adha meds are highly addictive. It's a bad mix, and I'm thinking about getting off of vyvanse myself.
hope i was of some help,
ben
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
krichar commented on photo
hansen20 baby boy is 8 days old! Comment