ADD / ADHD Community
Adult ADD & ADHD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Adult ADD & ADHD

Almost all information for ADD/ADHD is on kids but according to MedHelp ::
or about ten million adults.
With that many adults affected why is 99% of the information only about kids?
Where can info on adult ADD/ADHD available?

Tags: adult ADD
  You might want to check out this site.  It is aimed at adults and has some interesting posts.  http://jeffsaddmind.com
Until a few years ago adhd/add was considered a childhood phenomena, today we know better. I guess that is the reason, and if you consider the spendings world wide on children adhd/add, it would be to expensive to help the 2-5% of the adult population being diagnosed. So I guess money and politics is partly to blame.
Its quite incredible when studies show that in some countries have as many as 40% of prisoners are affected, and they still don´t really take it serious by testing and medicating..... Wonder what the 40% of innmates cost emotionally and economical in modern society......

However, adults (diagnosed as adults) are left swimming in a fishbowl they really don´t understand, with no hope of a better life with coaching and economical support! Parents, be glad if your child gets diagnosed. I really wouldn´t wish for them mine, or many other adhd/add´s lifes..... Chaotic, frightening and just a world that confuses you from start to end!

If you want info, or support you should visit adhd forums, all other resources are poor at best! I´ve spent some time searching in the past ;) This forum helped me quite a bit understanding my problem, hopefully you will get answers here (beware for alot of trolls, but for the rest excellent comunity!):

http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php

And remember, if you met one adhd/add`er you´ve met one, we are just as similar and different from each others as socalled "normal" people are!
hansen20 18 more day to csection. I'... Comment
hansen20 commented on photo
KTowne commented on photo