ADD / ADHD Community
Adult ADD with depression and addiction issues

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

I just wanted to share that I was prescribed Adderral as a last ditch effort to treat my severe depression, even though my pdoc knows my history of addiction. It was a perfect solution for my energy and also I realized that I do have ADD and have for years. All woul dbe good except -- I can't take these meds as directed. I start with one and want another, then another, etc. Last night I had to put half a bottle in the mail to myself so I couldn't get my hands on them and take more. It really is too bad for folks like me. I do want to warn that recovered addicts and alcoholics most likely should avoid these meds. They are schedule II substances. A few years ago a different doc prescribed provigil to help with my fatigue. A magical solution, but then, a problem with taking way too many. I thought perhaps the patch would be a solution to this problem, but I sense probably not.
Tags: adult ADD
Maybe Strattera would work for you?
hansen20 18 more day to csection. I'... Comment
hansen20 commented on photo