ADD / ADHD Community
Adult ADD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Adult ADD

Where can I find detailed information on Adult ADD?
Hi Dove170,

There are thousands of sites to choose from...here is one...helpguide.org/mental/adhd_add_adult_symptoms.htm

I joined some site a few years ago that promised to send me newsletters once a month etc...but it was all junk. Not sure what the site was called, but it filled my inbox with tons of spam...and not one helpful thing.

I've been suffering my entire life with this thing...took me years to figure out why all the girls used to beat me up for no reason...still don't know what it was that I had said or done but...it must have been something terrible. A psychiatrist that I once saw, said that it was probably because I was "different" from them, and for young girls that seems to be reason enough.
Good luck with this.

* Just a side note...there are MANY famous people that suffer from this affliction as well.
  • ADD! (2 replies):
    1. Are there a lot of people with ADD? 2. Whats the mea...[more]
  • add (1 replies):
    My fiance thinks i have either add or adhd but i have no...[more]
  • ADD (1 replies):
    i have a question.. I am sorry if I maybe repeating it, ...[more]
  • ADD Medications (1 replies):
    I've tried all different kinds of medication and none of...[more]
  • New Partner with ADD (2 replies):
    I have recently met my partner 24 years old and he has A...[more]
Hi Dove170,

Good luck with this.

Two sites aimed at the adult ADD sufferer that you might want to check out are totallyadd.com and http://jeffsaddmind.com/for-first-time-visitors.
               Both sites are done by people with ADD.  totallyadd was actually a PBS special and consequently is a series of short videos.  Quite entertaining and useful.   Jeffs add mind really reflects him.  Has much more adult interaction.  Both are worth checking out.
Hey tschock,

Don't know if the 1st reply I sent was posted or not...if it wasn't, would you please let me know? Thank you