ADD / ADHD Community
Am I taking the right medication?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Am I taking the right medication?

Hello I am 33 years old, I take focalin 10mg every morning. It seems as like all this pill does is give me extreme energy. I am still unable to focus, I can not finish what I start. I am either to board with it or get sidetrack fairly easy. How would you know if you are taking the correct medication?
    Doctors start you off on a low dose and wait for the patient to tell them how it is working. 10mgs is the starting dose and those the lowest one given.   All the meds affect people differently.  So you really need to be in contact with your doc (he expects this) and tell him what is going on.
    I am a bit surprised by your extreme energy comment though.   By the way, Focalin is good for about 5 hours and then would no longer be working.