ADD / ADHD Community
Amphetamine and Gynecomastia ??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Amphetamine and Gynecomastia ??

Hello I'm 26yo and over the past month my chest has become puffy and my right breast is slightly larger than my left. They have increased fat deposit and i feel a glandular mass under the nipple.
My doctor suspected it was my propecia(finasteride) 1mg i've been on since January and I stopped it 3-4weeks ago and there is still some tenderness. But in addition I was put on adderall (adderrall) about 1-1.5 months before that. Is it possible that the culprit is really the amphetamine and not the propecia ??

Thanks for your help.
ps: i read that they both are prone to causing gyno but I feel as though i should have noticed the gyno on propeica much sooner than this far out
   Read up on side effects of finasteride.  That is the problem, not the adderall (adderrall).
I'm well aware of the effects of finasteride I was just wondering if adderall (adderrall) could have caused a synergistic effect increasing my chances of getting gyno.

thanks
    Agreed, that is a good question and really can't talk to that point.  But adderall (adderrall) does clear the system fairly quickly - which is why you have to retake it daily.  That kind of makes me doubt the synergistic effect, but really don't know.  
   This site lists 485 drugs and 3569 generic meds that have interactions with Adderall (adderrall).  I didn't see finasteride listed, but I didn't check out the generic versions.  The site is - http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/amphetamine-dextroamphetamine,adderall (adderrall)-index.html
   Hope this helps.