ADD / ADHD Community
Anger and anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Anger and anxiety

Here lately I have noticed I am too easily aggitated and my can not control my anger. I have a hard time focusing and it is hard to get energy to go and concentrate. I was wanting to know if anyone else feels like this and might know what this is? I do not have the ability to get excited either. Nothing seems to make me happy and i get easily bored with most of everything i do. I can not be still and its almost impossible to relax. I have been to psych but they keep giving me anti depressants which are not working because i know i am not depressed. maybe stressed but not depressed. I am just not much of a positive person and seem to be too hard on myself. Someone help. I am mostly angry in mornings too.
   Well, this is certainly the season for stress and strain.  I don't know if you have ADHD and thats why you posted here or if you are wondering about it.  You certainly have some of the symptoms.
   First, you mentioned anger.  Check out this link for some anger management techniques - http://www.additudemag.com/adhd/article/5249.html
    Then you might want to go to the top of the page and check out their link on ADHD symptoms.  If you feel like you have a lot of the symptoms.  Print out the symptom list,  put checks by the ones that apply to you and then take it to the psyc next time you go.
     Note that there are a lot of helpful ideas of people with ADHD and I am sure you will find some helpful to you.
     Please post if you need and more info.  Best wishes.
Thank you sandman
Love this website, thank you for sharing!
I don't really have and exact advise, but I can tell you that all the antidepressant drugs - and any related psych drugs take a lot of fiddling and time and different combos to get right.  

You really need a good doctor who is willing to work with you and LISTEN to you.  

I thought I was only depressed.  But I was also mildly manic.  Hypo-manic.  And extremely anxious.  -  Right now I am taking 1500mg depakote, 450 mg of wellbutrin, 100mg of prestiq and 25mg of adderall (adderrall).  Seems to be working fairly well - but it has taken ages to get this combo along with my anger, depression issues under control.  Supposedly depression is anger turned inward.  At least partially.  That's where a therapist is very necessary along w/ all these drugs.

Is a therapist of your program?  I hope so.  

Hang in there.  Takes patience....... but it's worth it.  Keep trying!!!

Marcia
   very good point.  All to often people are looking for the easy way out and just don't want to put the time into it.  (And sometimes the doctors are not overly helpful either).  But nicely said.
that could be it but i have had a lot of traumatic events happen in past fifteen years so i want help but it seems you only get what you pay for and i can not afford a psych.
a good psych*
Try 100x2 of lamotrigine
Lamotrigine? What exactly is that? I tried wellbutrin but took all emotions away and put me in zombie mode!