ADD / ADHD Community
Any reasrch on: The effects of SSRI medications on children with high c...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Any reasrch on: The effects of SSRI medications on children with high caffeine intake

Have any of you done research on the affects of early administered Ritalin and another Hyper activity/attention disorder medications in children under the age of 13. And the long term effects of children with a highly caffeinated diets? My question is.. Ritalin is at its core an SSRI. So with already high serotonin levels in the body and brain with a high enough caffeine intake boosting already high serotonin in the body. Could this cause permenant brain damage to the child making them even more dissabled by the un-natruall high levels in there body making them addicted to not only caffeine but also other SSRI/serotonin replicators to achieve what non medicated children get natrualy? High serotonin levels in children before puberty from what iv found in medical papers suggests that the few study s to look into this discovered children with high levels are more at risk for developing psychopathic traits latter in development. Just wondering if a full study has been done or the theory has even been proposed. Im not a professional so some one would probably discredit me on such questions as my knowledge is no where on a doctorate level.