ADD / ADHD Community
BP Med & Vyvanse! HELP!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

BP Med & Vyvanse! HELP!!

Ok I am 21 years old & weigh 110 lbs. I don't smoke and I drink socially. I was on adderall (adderrall) my freshman year of college, but got taken off because my blood pressure was too high. Then I got put on intuniv, which did NOTHING. I am in nursing school now so I have to be on ADD medicine. I got on Vyvanse last year and I had high blood pressure again. I stopped taking it for a while, but I was still having high blood pressure so my Dr. put me on Lisinopril 10 mg & HCTZ 25 mg. My BP has still been high on this, even off Vyvanse (I am taking it again now since I am back in school). I told my Dr. about my anxiety bc I get really stressed about little stuff and almost feel like I am going to have a breakdown. I used to be on Prozac, but didn't think it did anything. I have been on Celexa 20 mg for about a week. My BP yesterday was 146/97 & pulse 120, which is down from before the BP meds. I think I get anxious though when I am about to take my BP (still high though). Oh and my mom has ADD, high bp, & anxiety. She is on Adderall (adderrall), propranalol, tranxene, prozac & wellbutrin and hers seems to be under control.

So my current meds:
Loestrin 24 Fe birth control
Vyvanse 60 mg
Lisinopril 10 mg
HCTZ 25 mg  

My question is do yall think there is a better BP med for me? I don't know why my Dr hasn't tried a beta blocker since that's what works for my mom? Or do you think my dose is too low? Do yall have any different suggestions for a med to manage my anxiety?
   You might want to look into combining the intuniv with the  stim med, since intuniv was basically created as a high blood pressure med.  Don't know if docs do this or not.
   I just got off 3 months of beta blockers.  Pretty good stuff.  They will stop a racing heart, but not sure overall how they work with high blood pressure.  Did you know that they are banned in the Olympics for shooters, etc due to the advantage it would give them?
  Found one link here on high blood pressure - http://www.additudemag.com/adhd/article/8942-8.html
   This site has a lot of good stuff including some good things on stress -
   http://www.additudemag.com/search/keyword/Stress.html

Prozac can take one to two months to really start working.  You may have stopped too soon.  Here is a site with info on most anxiety meds
     http://www.additudemag.com/search/keyword/Stress.html
   Hope some of this helps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
1386765_tn?1383624932
Blank
pb95 commented on Who we REALLY are :)...
5 hrs ago
Blank
daniarcade commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
9 hrs ago
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
USDA Approves New GE Corn and Soy, ...
23 hrs ago by gymdandee
Top Children's Development Answerers
Blank
Sandman2
San Pedro, CA
Blank
kirk8
Eureka, CA, CA